From troubleshooting computer issues to installing updates, your IT specialist works behind the scenes to keep your business running smoothly. No matter how capable your in-house IT department is however, there’s only so much a team of one or two can do. When your existing IT support isn’t enough, it may be time to consider outsourced IT services.
When To Outsource IT Services
For information technology, outsourcing means hiring a vendor that specializes in IT, also known as a managed services provider (MSP). A MSP is well-versed in technology and is able to provide a wide range of services. If your organization needs help, your MSP can act as your IT department.
Over the last decade, outsourced IT support has rapidly grown in popularity throughout the business world. This rise in demand is not by chance, however. There’s a long list of reasons why companies choose to go down the managed services path. From IT optimization to cybersecurity, the benefits of having an outsourced IT department are plentiful.
But why would a company which already has an IT specialist on staff need to outsource their IT? To understand the answer, it’s necessary to know the differences between having someone in-house and partnering with an MSP.
A MSP vs Internal IT
Generally speaking, the main difference between insourcing and outsourcing is the way that projects and tasks are divided among departments or companies. But there’s a little more to it than that. Insourcing your IT needs to an IT specialist provides convenience and keeps everything in-house. Unfortunately, it also means that you only have one person or a few people to handle all of your infrastructure.
Outsourcing your IT, on the other hand, gives you access to a large team of specialists. As a result, your IT department won’t be overwhelmed by projects, even when you need to scale your operations. This service is also cost effective, giving you the help you need for less than the cost of a full-time employee. But most importantly, a MSP provides you with technicians who have a range of expertise. This means they can deliver several services to further improve your business.
Which Is the Right Solution?
Whether you should use outsourced IT services or not ultimately depends on the needs of your company. But there are common signs that can tell you the time is right. Some of those signs include:
- IT Hiccups: Technology is meant to improve a company’s efficiency, productivity, and flexibility. If you find that your IT is becoming an obstacle, a MSP can help you get it back on track.
- Too Many Projects: IT projects can pile up quickly. If they’re coming in faster than your specialist can finish them, this can lead to your employee feeling overwhelmed. An MSP can step in to alleviate that burden.
- Lack of Knowledge: Although your IT specialist is more than capable, they may lack knowledge in certain areas. A MSP is backed by a team with a range of experience to handle any problem.
Benefits of Outsourcing IT Support
When you choose to rely on outsourced IT solutions, you experience benefits like:
- Better Security: There are millions of cyberthreats lurking on the web, and you need strong protection if you want to stay safe. An MSP can implement enterprise-level antivirus solutions to protect you from even the worst cyberthreats.
- Cost Savings: Outsourced IT services often cost less than the price of hiring a full-time employee.
- Disaster Recovery: A hardware crash or natural disaster could cause you to lose your important data. With the help of a MSP, your information can be restored with disaster recovery services.
- Decreased Downtime: Leveraging their knowledge and experience, a MSP can implement solutions that minimize the chances of you experiencing downtime.
Get the Best IT Service in Arizona
The Arizona Computer Guru team is dedicated to helping clients get the most out of their IT. We offer a wide selection of services to meet every need. And since every business is unique, we customize our solutions to fit perfectly with your organization.
Contact us today to learn more.