- Hosted VoIP business phone systems are a type of cloud-based software that streamline your business’s ability to communicate internally and externally.
- VoIP phone systems come with a number of advantages compared to traditional analog phone systems. They provide simpler management and integration, more features and customization, improved scalability and flexibility, reduced cost, and increased productivity.
- Partnering with a trusted managed service provider allows you to seamlessly integrate VoIP systems into your business and reap the benefits of this cloud-based communication solution.
What Is a VoIP Phone System?
VoIP, which stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, is a communication system that runs through your internet connection. It allows you to make phone calls and perform other communication features without needing a traditional analog infrastructure. VoIP systems use cloud-based software, meaning you get all of the benefits of a standard telephone system as well as those of a modern, digitally based one.
How Do Hosted VoIPs Benefit Your Business?
Transitioning your business away from a traditional landline phone system has a number of benefits that streamline your business operations. Below, you’ll find some of the key advantages of migrating your business communications to a hosted VoIP phone service, including:
Easily Managed Communications
One of the biggest benefits of a hosted VoIP system is that it is easier to manage than a traditional phone system. There is much less technology to integrate and fewer maintenance tasks to stay on top of. With a hosted VoIP, all you need is the right software and softphone. Your managed service provider can take care of the rest—hence the word “hosted.”
Variety of Features and Add-Ons
VoIP providers offer a wide range of services and features for your hosted VoIP system, meaning you can implement a highly customized communication system for your business. Here are some of the most popular VoIP features and add-ons that providers offer:
- Data Integration: Because VoIP business phones run through the cloud, you can easily sync data between your voicemail, email, and chat systems. VoIP software can even transcribe voicemails and send them directly to your inbox.
- Automated Call Distribution: If your business has a high call volume, VoIP software can automatically direct customers to the right service representative, eliminating the need for manual transfers.
- Interactive Voice Recognition: Using built-in voice recognition, VoIPs allow for smarter, more streamlined call routing.
- Remote Management: Your hosted VoIP provider can easily—and remotely—add new lines, run network assessments, and perform maintenance with this feature.
- Chat: VoIP systems allow you to communicate both internally and externally with easy-to-use messaging software that is integrated into your communication system.
- Video Conferencing: Similarly, video chat allows you to perform video meetings and phone calls with coworkers, customers, and clients. The ability to have a face-to-face conversation is crucial for the success of your business.
Are you looking for a comprehensive managed IT solution? We can help.
Scalable and Flexible
As your business grows, you may soon find the need for more phone lines and communications features. With a traditional telephone service, adding new lines and features can be costly and time consuming. However, when you opt for a VoIP solution, you can easily scale communication features as your business’s needs change. New lines can be added for a flat rate at the simple click of your mouse, and you can add features like automated call distribution if your call volume is starting to rise.
One of the biggest benefits of switching to a business VoIP phone service is that it saves your business a considerable amount of money in the long run. In fact, many businesses decide to switch to a hosted VoIP for the sole purpose of cutting costs. Here are a few key statistics regarding cost savings from VoIP services:
- Hosted VoIP services can help small businesses save up to 40% on domestic calling.
- The same small businesses can reduce the cost of their international calling by up to 90% while using a hosted VoIP service.
- Hosted VoIP services can cut startup costs for new businesses by up to 90%.
Mobility and Accessibility
When you migrate to a VoIP phone system, you gain the ability to access your communication features from any device with an internet connection. This is especially beneficial for those that travel for work or work remotely as it allows them to perform business communications on their mobile device while at home or on the road. You can also enable features like mobile failover which allows your mobile device to act as the primary point of contact for your business if your internet connection goes out.
With a hosted VoIP, you unlock the communication potential of your business. VoIP systems are more than just updated phone lines—they’re a comprehensive communication solution that lets your business get the most out of its communication system. With a VoIP, you and your employees can access integrated communications data from any device at any time. When you expand your business’s communication capabilities, you give your employees the tools to work more efficiently, too.
Turn to a Trusted VoIP Provider
You can get the most out of your business’s communications system by migrating to a VoIP with a trusted service provider. At Arizona Computer Guru, we’ve provided managed IT services to companies in the Tucson and Phoenix areas for over 20 years. We provide you with a customized, streamlined communication solution that will launch your business into the digital age. Contact us today to start your transition.